Spier has a magical picnic experience to make this Valentine’s Day your most romantic one yet. I mean, it’s a beautiful place, right? The food and range of choices are bedazzling, right? So all you have to do is get Mr/Ms Right to say ‘Yes!, and you’re all set for a fab night out.
As dusk falls and guitarist Matt Carsten’s smokey voice drifts over the lawns, couples can cosy up underneath the ancient oaks of the historic Spier Werf. Once you’ve popped your bottle of Spier Méthode Cap Classique Brut (cheers, babe!), it’s time to feast on a picnic basket literally bursting with locally-sourced deliciousness. Goodies include gourmet salads, a fresh baguette and cheese, pastured-reared charcuterie, roast beef and chicken from Spier’s very own Farmer Angus. A decadent chocolate mousse ends the night on a sweet note.
Available for collection from 18:00, the picnic basket costs just R750 per couple and can be booked on www.spier.co.za
Spier offers more ways to spoil your loved one:
- The Spier Farm Café will be open until 20:00. Get into the mood with two glasses of bubbly and six oysters for just R150. (Yup, you read that right.) Delicious mains from its regular menu such as the beef burger with pork fat fried potato roasties or the colourful vegetable tartine will also be available. Round off dinner with a decadent Valentine’s Day chocolate mousse for two along with two glasses of Signature wine or MCC for only R150. Arrive early as there are no reservations.
- Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery will also be offering its Chef’s Platter (crammed with delicious low-and-slow roasted meats and vegetables) for R395 per person served with a complimentary glass of Spier bubbly. Book on vadas.co.za
Make a night of it at the Spier Hotel
Stay in the cosy, art-filled Spier Hotel from R1449 per person per night sharing, valid for Friday 14 February only. Fancy lingering for longer? If you book a two-night getaway for the weekend (for R1 549 per person per night sharing), the two of you will be spoilt with a host of additional romantic extras (which have a combined valued of R950):
- Dinner for two. On Saturday 15 February, a candlelit feast is served in the hotel restaurant.
- A bottle of bubbly. When it’s time for turn-down, a chilled bottle of Spier Secret Sparkling is delivered.
- A chocolate and wine pairing for two. Enjoy acclaimed Spier vintages perfectly paired with decadent chocolate treats at the Wine Tasting Room.
Use the code VALENTINE when booking online to qualify for this special.
By choosing Spier, you are supporting Spier’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.
Press release by Scout PR