Good food, good times!
Spier Farm Café has reopened as a funky Farm Store and Deli for locals.
And if you don’t live nearby, shop online at Shop Spier Online to get deliveries! (Extensive details at the end of this post, just keep reading. )
Shop in person or online, to stock up on delicious farm-fresh produce, ready-cooked meals and sweet treats too. Click here for the Spier Online Store.
Whether you’re browsing Spier’s new online food store or in person at the Spier Farm Cafe, Guarantee #1 is safe shopping with all protocols observed.
And, of course, getting nourishing, scoffable food for your pantry, fridge and freezer.
• Chef Hennie’s hassle-free, hearty, frozen ready meals. Beef Lasagna, Pasta Bolognaise and Bobotie, all made with Farmer Angus’s pasture-reared meats, plus vegetarian favourites like Aubergine Parmigiana.
• Vadas’s famous sourdough bread, tarts, pies and pastries — all made with local, stoneground organic flour.
• Farmer Angus’s free-range beef, pork and eggs – all from happy animals, pasture-reared on Spier farm with no growth hormones or routine antibiotics. Good, huh?
• A selection of Spier’s acclaimed wines (only for delivery when lockdown regulations permit.)
And coming soon, freshly harvested organic vegetables and leaves, grown at Spier without artificial fertilisers or pesticides.
HOW TO SHOP: visit the Spier online food shop or head over to the Spier Farm Cafe (open daily from 09h00 to16h30).
Pick up your online order from the Spier Farm Cafe or get it delivered straight to your door if you live in Stellenbosch or the greater Cape Town area.
Delivery is free on orders over R500!
Spier delivers food from Monday through to Saturday to Stellenbosch, Helderberg and Brackenfell.
Delivery to these areas costs R50 for orders less than R500. Order before noon for next-day delivery.
Further afield? No problem! On Tuesdays and Fridays there are deliveries to the following areas:
• Cape Peninsula
• West Coast (as far north as Melkbos)
• Southern Suburbs
• Northern Suburbs
• Cape Town CBD
• Atlantic Seaboard
• False Bay
Delivery to the above areas costs R100 for orders less than R500; place orders by latest noon the previous day.
Keeping you safe and healthy with contactless deliveries:
Spier’s food and farming operations adhere to the strictest hygiene protocols. Spier drivers have received training in hygiene and social distancing based on WHO guidelines. Each staff member is temperature tested daily at the beginning of their shift.
Drivers have been instructed not to make physical contact with any customers and maintain a safe distance during drop-off. They wear masks and use hand sanitiser between deliveries and use a fresh pair of surgical gloves for each delivery.
Safe shopping at the Spier Farm Cafe:
For your health and peace of mind while you shop, there are extensive social distancing and hygiene protocols in place at the Spier Farm Cafe.
• Use of a mask is compulsory and all shoppers are provided with hand sanitizer upon entry
• Only 7 shoppers are permitted in the space at a time, and entry and exits operate on a one-way basis
• A dedicated staff member sanitises all surfaces and fridge handles with a 70% alcohol sanitiser before opening and at least every four hours during the day
• Point of sale areas are shielded by a transparent “sneeze-guard” which is regularly cleaned
• All staff members wear personal protective equipment
• The packing station is sanitised after each shopper’s bag/box has been packed with the purchased items
Visit shop.spier.co.za to start shopping. As a launch special offer, orders of more than R200 will be delivered for free for the month of May.
For more information on Spier visit www.spier.co.za.
By choosing Spier, you are supporting Spier’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.
With every purchase, you won’t just be getting nourishing and delicious food, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting the ecosystem of local, small-scale, high-quality producers to which the Spier farm is proudly connected.
Press release by Scout PR.