On a cold and drizzly day, this creamy, dreamy, Smoked Chicken & Chive Pasta is literally all I want to cook and eat.
Serve with a glass or two of nicely chilled Spier’s new Seaward Chardonnay 2018 for extra bliss.
The recipe is designed to serve two, but the quantities can be adjusted to your liking to increase the number of portions.
Creamy Smoked Chicken & Chive Pasta
• 15 ml olive oil
• Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
• 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
• 2 medium size smoked chicken breasts (sliced)
• 250 ml fresh cream
• 10 ml wholegrain mustard
• Salt & pepper (to taste)
• Generous handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
• About 200 g pasta of your choice, freshly cooked & drained.
1. In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the chives.
4. Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from the heat at once.
5. Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and the rest of the chives.
6. Pair with Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018!
About the Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018:
Made with grapes sourced from the Tygerberg Hills, this lightly-wooded wine has aromas of ruby grapefruit, mango and citrus with undertones of raw almond. The creamy palate offers fresh citrus and nectarine notes with well-integrated vanilla on the finish. Enjoy with pork chops, roast chicken, creamy mushroom pasta – and, of course, seafood.
The Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018 retails for R110.00 a bottle and is available at the Spier wine shop and leading liquor outlets nationwide.
By choosing Spier, you are supporting Spier’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.
PRESS RELEASE ISSUED BY:
Scout PR and Social Media