Few things complement a decent steak as nicely as a proper pepper sauce, and The Hussar Grill’s Pepper Sauce is perfection. Easy to make, you can serve it on the side or ladled over your choice cut of grilled meat, such as Sirloin, Fillet, Rump or Ribeye.
HUSSAR GRILL PEPPER SAUCE FOR STEAK
50 g Butter
10 ml Cracked black peppercorns (from above)
15 ml Treacle sugar (or dark brown sugar)
30 ml Brandy
65 ml Port or red wine
150 ml Stock (beef or vegetable)
160 ml Cream
A pinch of salt
- Melt the butter, add the treacle sugar, allow to brown lightly.
- Add the crushed pepper, then the brandy and flambé.
- Remove from the heat until the flames have died down.
- Add the port/red wine and reduce until almost evaporated away.
- Add the stock and reduce by ¾.
- Add the cream and reduce again until thickened.
- Season with salt and set aside until the steak is cooked.
For more information on The Hussar Grill, please visit www.hussargrill.co.za. To book a table at The Hussar Grill – where every meal is a masterclass – please use the Dineplan App, available via the App Store and Google Play.
Follow The Hussar Grill:
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thehussargrill/ @TheHussarGrill
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/thehussargrill @TheHussarGrill
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thehussargrill/ #TheHussarGrill
The Hussar Grill first opened its legendary brass doors in 1964 and today, after 54 years of excellence, it is regarded as one of South Africa’s premier grill rooms. Having garnered a loyal following over the years, the restaurant is known for its speciality steaks, award-winning wine selection, superb service and warm ambience.