Promoted as their #perfectpairing, a scant R125 gets you a double whammy of some edible delectables plus 2 gorgeous Belgian beers to sip on while you munch.
‘Since opening at the V&A in 1994, we’ve been committed to offering locals and visitors value for money with unique menu items during wintertime.
This year, we decided to showcase a few of our great Belgian beers alongside a some popular dishes.
Mini mussel pots, prepared two ways –
1) Classic Mussels Mariniere, with the Liefmans Fruitesse and
2) Mussels á la Creme, with Maredsous Blond.
Tasting notes: the subtle sweetness of the Fruitesse pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the mussels, creating a neutral sensation on the palate, while the creaminess of the Mussels á la Creme is complimented by the boldness of the Maredsous Blond.
Wagyu Burgers 2 ways –
1) With mature Dutch Gouda cheese and subtle Vedett beer
2) with Béarnaise sauce and chips, paired with the sweet and spicy La Chouffe beer.
1) Beer-battered hake and chips with Liefmans Yell’oh
2) Cape Malay fish curry paired with Vedett extra white
Tasting notes: The spiciness of the fish curry is brightened by the crispness of a Liefmans Yell’oh, while the subtleness of the Vedett White compliments the beer-battered hake.
Beat that, beer lovers!
Facebook : Den Anker
Instagram : den_anker
Beer information can be found at
Facebook: Belgian Beer Company SA
The regular menu including oysters, mussels, steak tartare, fish and seafood plus Belgian specialities are also available from the á la carte menu.
NOW, hurry up and book your table!